Saturday, April 12, 2008

04-12-08

Hello to all, again! Not a lot has happened that's new. Thursday, at work, I was sitting and reading a magazine. All of a sudden, Baby Joel kicked so hard, my entire upper body shook! I was shocked that he could do that! I looked around...no one saw it. So I went back to my magazine...and he did it again! He did it probably 5 or 6 times in a row, but of course, when I went to tell someone to watch, he quit. Figures. It's an odd feeling to have something that can affect your body movement so much without your say-so, you know?
I also started doing the kick-count chart. (At 28 weeks, you have to start charting daily how many minutes it takes to get 10 movements of any kind from the baby. It's supposed to help set a baseline for the baby's activity level and let you know if something is wrong with it: a sluggish, slow-moving baby is normally a baby in distress.) The first day, it only took a minute. (It can take up to an hour.) Today, it only took 3 minutes! Apparently, Joel likes loud music. Josh and his friend's were practicing a special song for the Sunday morning service, and he started kicking like crazy!
I'll post again after my next Dr. appointment next week. It's my glucose (gestational diabetes) test! Woo-hoo! :p

3 comments:

Marsha Loftis said...

I used to love to feel my babies move. I would lie on my bed for hours and wait for the movement.

Lauren said...

I will be praying for you as you go for the test. It is no fun to fail it, i failed my last one with Zechariah and then failed the 3 hour test. can't wait to see pictures of your little.

Gages said...

I loved it when my Olivia use to kick me. It seemed like my whole belly was jumping around. I enjoyed every time she did it. It was like she was reminding me that she was still there and couldn't wait to get out!