Wednesday, May 21, 2008

May 21, 2008

Hello again! I am in full-out nesting mode. On Monday, (my last day off) I dumped all the baby clothes that I'd already gotten that were clean, sorted, and folded, and rewashed them with everything new that I've gotten. Then I re-sorted, re-folded, and re-organized them. I lysol-wiped down the bassinet mattress and the crib mattress and pad...and the bassinet and the crib...and then I completely took apart the bassinet, only to find last night that I have no clue how to put it back together! I re-sorted all my baby shower gifts, opened packages and threw away packaging, organized everything where it would be accessible when I need it, cleaned the bedroom and bathroom, rearranged all the light-weight furniture, cleaned out a desk we're needing to sell (took pics of the desk and put it on craigslist), and did almost all our laundry. I didn't stop until nearly 1 in the morning, because I felt that I still wasn't ready for the baby to come home from the hospital. It was such a strange feeling!
Yesterday, I spent almost all of my Target gift cards on a new coffee maker for me (I don't drink coffee, but I use it for my herbal tea), a boppy pillow and cover, and a small selection of pacifiers for Joel to choose from. Then last night, I figured out the bassinet thing, and put together the infant-to-toddler rocker (it's so cute!).
Today, I'll be driving around, picking up items I'm buying off craigslist. I'm going to see the $250 glider rocker and ottoman that I was going to buy from Baby's R' Us, and found on craigslist for $50 (they'll deliver it for an extra $25), and possibly get that delivered. I'm also going to pick up the changing table w/ mattress, mattress cover, and caddy for $25, and the new baby swing for $25 that I found on there. I think I'm addicted! Let's see, what else can I buy/sell on there?.... ;)

No comments: