Tuesday, March 3, 2009

We're In Argentina!!!

(Jennifer) - We arrived this morning in Buenos Aires around 8:45. Thankfully, we had no problem with customs or immigration, and all of our luggage arrived with us. Also, and I almost can't believe this, we were given the 'green light' through the airports, and none of our baggage was searched! I was afraid that some, or all, of the food we were bringing to the missionaries would be confiscated, and none of it was! They did have to test the liquids in Joel's bottles, but even that only took a couple of minutes. I worried needlessly, as usual. God took care of us!
Another answered prayer, Joel did wonderfully! He took his bottle all of the times that we needed him to, when the plane was either ascending or descending, so his ears didn't hurt him. There were others babies on the plane that cried, some who cried a lot, but Joel only had one little fit. When I went to the bathroom when he was asleep, he woke up and couldn't see me. It didn't last long, and other passengers commented at the end of the flight about how well he did. :)
Jeff and Matias (the pastor of Iglesia Bautista Gracia) met us at the airport. The traffic here is crazy! I don't think they have any traffic laws.
So we are here now, at the Bush's house in La Plata. Josh and I got showers, I got a nap, Joel made a few new friends. He is still doing well. I'm so grateful he travels well!
We went to Walmart tonight for diapers for Joel, and a few groceries for the Bush's.
I am amazed at how this country feels so comfortable. I thought there would be a different feeling here, like I'm a stranger. And while I did get a few weird looks in Walmart for my English, this place still feels familiar. It's a little odd to see the palm trees on the side of the road, and all the air conditioning window units in the apartment buildings. AC isn't really common here. Still, it feels like home. :) Don't worry, Mom, we will still be coming home in a couple of weeks. ;)
We can't answer our cell phones here, or even check out messages. If anyone needs to get ahold of us, you can either message us on facebook or email us. We'll try to check those daily. Thank you everyone for your prayers, keep them coming! We'll post again soon.

No comments: